Do you use a professional photographer?
I have worked with six photographers – five professionals and one non-professional.
When I shoot in Windsor, I work with Denisa from Redeemed Photography. When I cross the border to shoot in the Detroit-Metro area, I work with either Niki Marie Photography or Alora Rachelle. I also work with my sister, @petrouspetals, for certain types of posts. I also shot in Paris with Katie Mitchell and Olivier Wong.
How did you pick your photographers?
I feel like female wedding photographers have the best eye for fashion photography so I picked them primarily based on that. I may be biased, though, because I love Jana Williams‘ work- and she has done both. Lastly, I like a bright and dreamy style so I look for wedding photographers that have that vibe.
What kind of cameras and lenses are used?
The photographers work with Nikon and Canon cameras.
Do you use affiliate programs?
I’m part of several affiliate programs that, when certain item links are clicked, I get a small percentage of sales from. I also accept offers to buy ad space as well as sponsorships.
Why did you start your blog?
I realized I wasn’t doing what I wanted to do most at work so I sought to do it elsewhere. Someday soon I hope to do what I want in my workplace and perhaps this if it continues to grow. The world is your oyster.
How did you decide what to write about?
I think it’s easiest to write about things that you like, otherwise it’s just a chore. Before starting my blog, I was already sharing my food and travel experiences so that was a no-brainer. I had an interest in clothes but it was a very private interest – by no means do I consider myself a fashion expert.
My blog pushes me to try new clothes, outfits, and discover my style in the process. I think style is very personal and it can be bold or subtle. Whatever you prefer.
5 Random Facts About Me
- I’m the oldest of 5 kids. El Capitan.
- I have never been trick-or-treating in my life.
- I can’t play Mario Kart or Guitar Hero too long because my thumb will start twitching. Hang in there, buddy!
- I’ve hit the level cap in an MMO before by playing a Priest on Forsaken World. I retired after that and hung up my gaming keyboard.
- The weirdest thing I’ve ever eaten is balut. Google that one, why don’t you? The second weirdest is probably pig brain. The third, alligator.